Cottages at ‘Gites de La Richardière‘ are offered for self-catering holiday rentals subject to the following conditions and confirmation by Patience Scott-Brown and David Brown.
1. Bookings should be made directly with the owners via the Gites de La Richardière Website, or through a recognised on-line travel agent and not through any other third party.
2. A holiday reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of a 20% non-refundable deposit.
3. Full balance of payment is due 8 weeks before the commencement of a holiday. This only refundable if the owners are able to re-sell the booked period. (There is a more flexible approach to refunds due to Covid-19. Please contact us on an individual basis and/or read our Covid-19 Awareness Page.)
4. A security/damage deposit of £200 (200€) is required with the final payment. This is fully refundable if there are no breakages or there is no damage to the property or its contents.
5. Payments should be made by BACS/Internet transfer or PayPal. Guests can pay in Pounds Sterling or Euros. Other methods of payments can be arranged by agreement – see payment information.
6. For insurance reasons, only the guests who have booked will be admitted to the Gites. Any extra guests will not be allowed. Visitors are welcome on a daily basis and only with the express permission of the owners. There is a daily visitors’ charge.
7. We highly recommend that all guests take out comprehensive travel insurance to protect their holiday investment. This insurance should include third party liability as, in France, the perpetrator of any damage is liable should there be any insurance claim.
8. Guests booking with less than 8 weeks before the start of their holiday are required to pay the full rental fee and security/damage deposit immediately at the time of booking.
9. Those booking through on-line agents should be aware that there are often substantial additional charges levied for booking. We therefore recommend BOOKING DIRECT.
10. TOURIST TAX (Taxe de Séjour) is charged at 1 euro per adult per night, this is refundable in the event of a cancellation, and is included in the rental charge.
11. We do not allow pets.
12. At the end of their stay, guests are expected to leave their Gite is the same, clean and tidy condition it was in when they arrived.
13. N.B. We reserve the right to update our Terms and conditions. Please check out the latest version which can be found here.